Acheron Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Open Beta has a Date now !

Go down 
+3
Mellon
Woolf
Kacy
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kacy
Worthy Noble
Kacy

Open Beta has a Date now ! Empty
PostSubject: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:48 pm

Game Version: 1.5

Time: 6. - 13. September

Level-Cap: 30

Character-PreSelect: 18. September

Client Download here:
http://eu.aiononline.com/uk/news/open-beta-client-now-available-for-download-1.html

Acheron is playing on Server "Gorgos"

Last edited by Kacy on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:47 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.65th.de
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:58 pm

Yay!! This is awesome news Smile I can't wait for OB to try more classes.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Woolf
Acheron´s Protector
Woolf

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 3:11 am

Check your NCsoft account, if you have pre-ordered Aion from them it should be sat waiting to be applied to your account.

They gave me the digital CE version for free as an apology for killing off Tabular Rasa.

Now we wait for 6 Sep 09.
Back to top Go down
Kacy
Worthy Noble
Kacy

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 9:53 am

The NC Soft Launcher is now ready !!!!

Patch 1.5 with ~ 3 GB cheers
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Mellon

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 9:55 am

Wow, that's awesome that you got a free upgrade... as sucky as it is that your game got nuked, at least you get a little bonus now.

The Torrent for 1.5 is now up as well, the official torrent posted by NCSoft is here: http://bit.ly/45UK3B

Cant wait till the 6th!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cuteoverload.com
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 10:12 am

Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 11:21 am

When we've patched up our file will we need to patch it again before release? I hope not these files are huge! Sad
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 12:50 pm

LOL its so slow at downloading....i guess all ppl try to download it atm.... >.>
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 12:59 pm

How slow is it for you? I'm at 400KB/s from the official NCSoft Launcher.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 1:03 pm

Woot 400 Kb/s.....i was at 5-7.....i will try again cant be true....But my internet is general very slow but not 5-7 Kb/s
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 2:55 pm

yeah ! i thought my launcher is crazy again cuz he load the game again ( cuz of 3gb ^^) but now i see its only a patch Very Happy

cant wait anymore crazy angry crazy bounce bounce bounce

any1 know the time when we can login ?
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 2:58 pm

Well this sight has a countdown Very Happy http://kindred.aion.tv/status/

And the open beta starts on Sunday 6th September.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 3:02 pm

yo thx Smile
9 days to go ^^

but i load the patcher with 25 kbits o.O -.- wtf ?
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 3:06 pm

KiloBITS? or KiloBYTES? 25 Kilobits is like 3 Kilobytes... and it's probably because so many people are downloading it.. the speed should pick up and you shouldn't worry you've got over a week to download it! Razz
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Mellon

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 3:29 pm

I'm getting a steady 200k from the torrent version. I love you Bittorrent I love you
Back to top Go down
Kacy
Worthy Noble
Kacy

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 4:19 pm

we have time for one more week so i dont care about kb/s
I will start with the download if im back from work directly from NC Launcher
Back to top Go down
Woolf
Acheron´s Protector
Woolf

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 6:32 pm

Reznor
Not a free upgrade, a completely free copy of the CE client.
All I have to pay in the subscription fees.
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Mellon

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 6:34 pm

Funny, when you finish downloading and patching, the NCSoft launcher then checks and tells you something along the lines of "Gratz, you've finished pre-patching Aion to 1.5.something. This patch will be applied on August 31, 2009. See you then!"

But we still can't login till the 6th! They're so mean... Rolling Eyes

PS: That's extra sweet, Woolf.
Back to top Go down
Kacy
Worthy Noble
Kacy

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 6:50 pm

i hope to join on 31.08. as a surprise for all lol
Back to top Go down
Sundown
Centurion
Sundown

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 8:03 pm

I have a question to those that kept up with everything that has happened in the past weeks on Aion.
Since i've missed pretty much everything lately, i have no idea what i should do, when things are about to happen and what i should do to join, and i need to ease my troubled mind Wink. I've seen loads of topics about OB, early release dates and God knows what else.
So here goes: what do i need to patch/update/change/do/make happen to get a proper start at the European release? I hope anyone can give me a decent list of steps i need to take (could be a nice tutorial of "how to get to us in Aion" for newbies maybe?), and where to find all those patches/updates/new things. My current knowledge is stuck somewhere around the last Closed Beta, so you can start from there...

Thanks in advance Smile

-Sun-

PS. As most of you already know, i'm the biggest computer noob around, i know how to start the thing and start a game, that's pretty much it. So please be gentle, and don't make your answers too difficult for poor Sunny Razz
Back to top Go down
Kacy
Worthy Noble
Kacy

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 8:21 pm

Start your NC Launcher and go with right Mouse Button on AION --> "check for Updates"
and you will see that we can get the Patch 1.5 now

The patch 1.5 is for Open Beta and finally for Release. So... after your Update you are ready for EU Start

Problem here. the Patcher from NC Soft dont give that much Speed , maybe 8 kb/s

so try to download the patch from another Side.. like Reznor´s Link

thats all boobs
Back to top Go down
Nitajali
Two Day Sparky
Nitajali

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 8:24 pm

Totally sympathetic, Sun, I went to the link and saw the update was a torrent thing .... and then it got complicated. I drew it down, the update toreent `patch' and it needed something to expand it and sent me off to a Microsoft download page with all sorts on it. I chose one and got cold feet after 10percent download and just plain cancelled it.

Okay so this is what I did and I figure it worked. Start your beta Aion client (ie click the icon on your desktop), it will update. I hope that was it tralalalalala.

geek

I wait to see if something more complicated needs doing Cool
Back to top Go down
Woolf
Acheron´s Protector
Woolf

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 8:30 pm

ftp://ftp.ncsoft.com/Aion/Client/Torrent/Aion_CBT_OBT_installer.zip.torrent

Currently bouncing between 40 and 200 KB/s download speed.
I am glad they thought ahead and got the Patch out early.
This gives everyone a week to download it.
Back to top Go down
Sundown
Centurion
Sundown

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 9:18 pm

Ok, i got the part about the "Update to 1.5 thingy". I'm gonna use the link Woolf posted, and see what it gives me Smile
I have more questions though...
I'm still very confused about the different dates of release/pre-release/character-saving and so on. When can I get into the game (i pre-ordered a copy)? I've heard things about 2 days ahead, 3 days ahead, a week ahead, can anyone give me a clear answer of when i can play the game, and when i can save my "own" name? Wink

Edit: decided to use the NC-soft update thingy, seems to work rather nice too...

Last edited by Sundown on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Mellon

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 9:21 pm

The very easiest way to do it is to simply open the NCSoft launcher and let it update itself. It'll do all the work for you, it'll just take longer than a torrent would.

You have a week... it's not like you need to rush! I'm just used to torrenting things, so I was epicly pleased that NCSoft gave us that option. Smile

Cheers,
-Reznor

Edit, YOu can select your name on the 18th, and you can get in on the 20th to the real game to play. Europeans get a 5 day head start. The game itself is truly released to the rabid masses who did not pre-order on the 25th.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta has a Date now !   Open Beta has a Date now ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Open Beta has a Date now !
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next